Sunday, March 20, 2011

It was bound to happen

Insomnia.  However that isn't what it really is.

'Ole TG was placed on probation in 2008 stemming from stupidity.  I received 5 years.  I had to submit to an evaluation at the beginning of this process to see how smart I was and if I was crazy.  As usual, genius and crazy.  Anyway, they put me on a "special" caseload for probation.  This was actually a blessing in disguise because my PO is AMAZING.  I was required to do a few things since they determined I was "crazy" or "special" or whatever term you want to use; I refuse the be politically correct.  I had to see a psychiatrist and it was determined that I am bipolar.....joy joy.  I was given prescriptions, we played with them until the mixture didn't put me in a coma.  Most of the time I am pretty even....no real major highs and no real major lows....same shit different day.  However, I saw this roller coaster ride coming a week ago and there wasn't a damn thing I could do.

The issue isn't bad it is just annoying.  I am currently in a manic state (actually it isn't as hardcore).  For those of you that don't understand this lovely little disorder, let me give you a definition of mania:
Mania is the signature characteristic of bipolar disorder and, depending on its severity, is how the disorder is classified. Mania is generally characterized by a distinct period of an elevated mood, which can take the form of euphoria. People commonly experience an increase in energy and a decreased need for sleep, with many often getting as little as 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night, while others can go days without sleeping. Attention span is low, and a person in a manic state may be easily distracted. Judgment may become impaired, and sufferers may go on spending sprees or engage in behavior that is quite abnormal for them. They may indulge in substance abuse, particularly alcohol or other depressants, cocaine or other stimulants, or sleeping pills. source
I was not in this deep until the last 24 hours.  Fortunately I know or understand where I am and how to keep it under some sense of control.  I will need to find ways to entertain myself.  Anyway, this ride began when I slept for 3 days.  I knew something was wrong, but had no idea what was up, just figured I was tired.  Hell, no one was blowing up my phone, no one came to visit, nothing to watch on TV and even the net became boring.....so I slept.  Right before this hibernation state I went through a milder mania doctors consider hypomania.  Let me tell you, I see no difference, but doctors claim in full blown, hardcore mania a person cannot be productive.

I consider myself to be very productive.  In the hour and a half that I have written this blog, I have posted on FaceBook, cleaned the kitchen, made coffee, finished some laundry that was in the dryer, looked up something to watch on TV (not happening EVERYTHING right now is paid programming), looked for pictures,  found my nail files so I can do my nails next while watching a movie...I think that is all :)

Now to go look up some movie to watch.  I think I will download The Roommate.

Peace out my peeps.....have a blessed Sunday.

No comments: