Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beauty in the Hood part 2

Ok, so not exactly part 2 of this hood, but here is the thing...I feel you have to find beauty in everything. When I lived in The Chase, I heard gun shots, had 2 high profile murders, one on the news and one on First 48.

If you want to know part one you can read it here: Beauty in the Hood part 1

Now last night was kind of busy in my new Hood. First there were some gun shots. Two loud ones. Then around midnight a chick and her man got into it. Fuck this, Fuck that, Go fuck your hoes then, Nigga I hope the cops lock you up, I don't hit bitches but I am about to kick your mother fuckin ass hoe.....yeah that about sums it up LOL.

Things finally get quiet after that and I posted on FaceBook what had happened. After a few responses it occurred to me that I hadn't found anything beautiful in this hood. So this morning, I go out on my patio. The morning air is cool, but not cold; it feels wonderful. Sipping coffee and exercising my lung. Then I hear it, someone is playing a violin in the apartments. At first they are turning it some, then I hear them play. It isn't perfect, but is pretty and I realized right then that God blessed me. He wanted to give me something beautiful to focus on, like the parrots.

Peace out my peeps, remember to look for the beauty in the people and places around you.

No comments: