Monday, February 21, 2011

Addicted to FaceBook


Last time I was without work for a long time I got into the MySpace game Mobsters and chatted a lot to eat away the days.

My FaceBook addiction was about the same. My sister introduced me to Farmville and so I got into FaceBook. Then I found something else even better....People I knew were constantly updating this thing. Once I found I could get on through my phone, it was over. I think I refresh my FaceBook about 50-75 times a day.

Now here are some issues....
  • On my smart phone when I go to the internet. Ninety percent of the time I click FaceBook even if I wanted Google instead.
  • I find myself a little bit annoyed that people get quiet at times because I am bored and want entertainment. This is very difficult to admit.
  • I have to stop myself from posting the most random stuff because I am bored and want to stir up conversation.
  • I usually check FaceBook before I get out of bed in the morning.

I have no idea how I have allowed this thing to become so ingrained in my life. I am not giving it up, but an observation I had today. I wonder how more people are impacted by these social networks in which we all share the mundane to the crazy hourly. I have been in the car and read something on FaceBook and called a friend trying to find out what was going on. When they asked where I read it..."FaceBook".

This exact thing happened the other day with City and P2. City was browsing FaceBook while we were driving somewhere and hollers out that one of his homeboys is single. P2 wanted to know who and all of that info was shared. Then City had to call another homeboy to discuss the latest breaking news on FaceBook. Now two things come to mind, one we get a lot of our latest news from our friends and family through social networking and two men gossip like women, but that I can discuss later.

A personal story of my own. I had posted some major news on FaceBook. My sister calls me to harass me about telling the world before calling to tell her. I make sure to tell her any major changes that will be announced momentarily on FaceBook from now on to avoid another conversation like that one.

Peace out my Peeps....hope you had a beautiful Monday.

No comments: