Saturday, July 05, 2008

New Job

Ok...tearing your life to pieces can be hell later LOL.

I don't know (nor do I care to go read and remind myself right now) how much I have put here since I spent long periods of time silent. But I lost my teaching career to a stupid mistake and now face some serious charges and legal matters. With that said, I needed to look for a job...I am highly qualified for a lot of things, just have to get someone to take a chance on me...

So I got offered a job with a marketing research firm in Dallas...the title of my job sounds important "Qualitative Assistant". What that means is glorified waitress with no tips. This firm runs research groups, mostly individual interviews with mostly doctors. What my job means is I set up the waiting room for the respondents with snacks and refreshments, I set up the lounge and viewing room for the clients, I also make sure the conference room is set up for whatever is being done that day with candy and water for the moderator. Then when the clients order food from the many expensive ass restaurants near us, it is my job to "plate" the food from their plastic containers onto pretty white plates and serve it to them in their lounge. I then have to clean all of that up for each meal. I also get to wash dishes in the kitchen, bake cookies, make fruit and veggie trays....blah, blah, blah.....

Wow...I have a college degree, 11 years work experience and I can't seem to find a job better than this??? I am fucked to say the least. I will keep sending out resumes to jobs online and who knows something may hit. In the mean time keep your fingers crossed for me....

Peace out...hope you all had a safe 4th!!

***For ex-hubs.....(highlight if you want to know) "I miss u and I am so sorry for everything. Thank you for still being there and being a friend. Who knows, one day we might get this crap straigtened out"

No comments: