Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Silently Screaming

Tonight is the first time I have had the chance to really sit down at my home computer, check yahoo mail, look at some forums, catch up on a few of my fave blogs and just all in all feel a tiny bit like a person and not a robot working 24/7 for the man.

Well it seems the other one has officially bit the dust. One of my history teachers turned in his two week notice and for reasons I can completely understand. Maybe our school is just not the right mix for him and his main job in the building (which is not to teacher history, but run our in building suspension room) would also drive me to near insanity. I hope he find something that will make him happy.

As I walked out of the building tonight, I left behind about 70 notebooks that needed to be graded, grades that needed to be typed into the computer, a desk that looks like a bomb has gone off on it and testing materials that needed to be organized and readied for tomorrow. Unfortunately, as I sat grading I found it hard to concentrate over the screaming. Funny thing is I know no one but myself could hear it because it was in my head. Just a loud at the top of your lungs frustrated at life dying to break out scream. About 30 minutes after I got home it had quieted a bit. I know that time with the gloves and bag would have helped sooooo much more, but hubby was worn out from doing laundry, playing poker and waiting on the cable guy today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: