Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Rumor Mill

Working in a school can be a lot of fun. Rumors fly about some many things, some turn out right and some are just juicy enough that you don't care if they are true or not. I have worked in a school with a love triangle with two female teachers and a male coach. The coach was married, one teacher gay and the other teacher was the love interest of the other two. That made for very interesting conversation when I found out that mess. I have been in a school where some thing juicy is always going on. Last year it was two coaches going at it in the coaches office the night they were decorating for the 8th grade awards assembly. This year several people may have caught on to a couple of administrators that might be spending too much time together. As interesting and fun as this kind of gossip is, it is the rumors of who might be leaving that get my attention.

I believe I have mentioned that I have already lost one history teacher. He taught only one class, but somewhere inside I feel like I didn't do enough to help out and to help him make it in his first year of teaching at my school. I have had one of my favorite people in the building ask about breaking contract and I have had a few other people approach me about it as well. Today I hear that one of our elective teachers may not be at the school at the start of next semester. Hell he was hired in January of last year when the teacher he replaced said "fuck it" and retired mid-year. I also heard a juicy rumor that a coach may be re-assigned at Christmas. My first question is why and my second is where is he going? I have this gut feeling there are several others that are considering breaking contract and leaving at Christmas. Sad thing is I don't really know how many because I hide out myself in my classroom and stay out of as much trouble as possible. I can't wait for January staff development to see who made it back after break.

For now I will just hide out in my classroom, light off, headphones on and my door locked (Will have to lock it if I am going to have the headphones on thanks to being scared half to death this morning LOL). Just gotta lay low.....A week and a half to Thanksgiving, three weeks after that I get to spend two glorious weeks at home........I think I can :-)

No comments: