Monday, October 31, 2005

It's Been A While

So my life spiraled out of control there for a while and I think I am just now starting to come back to the real world. Well as real as I will let it be.

Update on Princess PITA: Life has been hell with her. I love her to pieces and I know one of these days things will have to mellow with her. Last week she was attacked by a group of girls after school. The scary part for me was that it was in the middle of a major road in our town. Hubby was thankful that they didn't have a knife and stabbed PITA. This morning we went to the high school and filed assault charges on the girls. One of them had the guts to show up to school and the other 3 or 4 didn't come in today. They will come in eventually and the principals and police will be waiting. On a lighter note it was nice being at PITA's school. There are so many people there that we know, hubby and I got a chance to speak to a lot of people while she was writing her statement. One of the other assistants asked what I thought of my principal and I just kind of smiled.....He told me it was ok, he knew her and understood. So sad. However, he did say he would like to see me at another school in the fall and hubby and I joked with him that many of us just need to take over the new middle school when it is built. It was fun to watch his eyes twinkle when we mentioned that. Anyway, back to PITA, the only thing we are worried about right now is retaliation, but good news is, if any of the girls lay a hand on PITA, then we can file charges for retaliation and that is a felony. Seems like a good deal to me :-)

The boys (greys): Let's see, we have knocked over the trash can about 5 times and spread trash from one side of the house to the other. I think we have figured out how to fix this problem. We rubbed the lid of the trash can with Pine-Sol; they didn't touch the trash today. They have eaten two loaves of bread, a brand new bag of baked Doritos, and a bag of marshmallows. I honestly have no idea why they aren't throwing up all over the house. We are still trying to stop all of the counter surfing.

Hubby.....MADE WEIGHT GOAL with Weight Watchers, actually he is now 5 pounds below goal. I think he needs to really start eating now, but he still eats little to nothing during the day, dinner at night and doesn't get in all his points. I really want to see him level off at some point.

My weight loss.....Good news.....I am now down 52.4 pounds. I got my 50 pound magnet tonight which was pretty cool. I felt great about it.

School......BLOWS!! Today while lining up my hell spawn (also known as my 6th period), one of the coaches stepped out of his classroom (probably because hell spawn were disturbing his class) and I asked if he recognized any of the children in my class. He looks up and down my line and realizes that half my class is made up of male athletes, HIS athletes. I talked to him later and explained that is why I can't teach my 6th period because his boys cause so much trouble in class that I can't seem to get anything done in the room. While talking to coach one of the other teachers overheard me and brought me the phone number to one of the boy's moms. I am tickled to have a way to reach this parent since he is one of my biggest issues in the classroom. I am about ready to have him booted from my room. Some how I don't see how giving a kid 8 chances before going to the office is a good way to discipline. I understand needing to give them chances. I agree with that, but 8 freaking chances to ruin the learning environment in my classroom!!! Are you kidding me?? I have had several kids that agree that 8 chances is FAR to many to give many of these kids. Anyway, 3 weeks until Thanksgiving break.....I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN......That is what keeps me going each day!

1 comment:

David M said...

So I'm hoping that the coach had a "heart to heart" with HIS althetes.....