Thursday, August 25, 2005

Superwoman

I had a night of horrible dreams. (David, I know you are use to hearing this from me when I am stressed). I told my cheerleaders my dream this morning at practiced and they thought it would make a GREAT movie or a good Fear Street book. They said I should write it out and sell it and make lots of money. Hmmmm........

Then my day:

Lucky me I got an e-mail today letting me know I was going to have to attend a training next week at our technology center. This has nothing to do with the 2 nights a week I have been giving already to do things I already know how to do. This is something completely new that has been added to my plate. So I have training on Monday from 4:30-6:30 and Tuesday from 4:10 to 5:30, Wednesday lesson planning after school until when ever, and Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30. I am afraid to let anyone know that Friday afternoon I have nothing planned right now.

With all the meetings and things I have to do, I have gotten no grading done. My students have no grades at all to report and the three week progress reports are due next week. At some point I will have to find time to do some grading.

I never even thought I was going to make it out of this day alive. And I feel like the worst parent in the world for having a job that demands 20 extra hours minimum of work a week with no extra pay. My daughter had her first performance tonight for drill team and I didn't get to see it. I talked to her dad and he was able to get out of his training in enough time to make it to her game and see her half time show. He said it looked really good.

Now I am off to figure out what else I need to get done after cleaning up the special surprise my greys left for me today. I guess that bag of treats they ate while we were out last night didn't sit too well with them today. Gotta love when the dogs learn where their treat bags are kept. I think it is time to move them to a high cabinet instead of the bottom of the pantry.

I hope everyone is getting a little peace and rest tonight. Have sweet dreams.

2 comments:

David M said...

Its a bird, its a plane, no its.....TEXAS GREY!
Relax love....it does get better...after you retire.

Texas Grey said...

Great, at the rate things are going here in Texas that may never happen LOL