Friday, August 26, 2005

Teen Boys

UGH!!!

I am attempting at this moment in time to decide if I need to put a hit out on the boy or just kill my daughter.

Tonight as a treat to me, my husband took me out for Mexican food (I think it is also known as the food of the Gods). Our daughter did not join us at dinner since she has pretty much refused to get her room in some kind of order. I told her I would be happy to buy her dinner and bring it home to her since she "didn't want to eat any of the food that is in the house".

Upon arriving at home, I come in the house to noticed my wonderful greys are not at the door to great me and the back door is standing open air conditioning the entire neighborhood. I call for my daughter and get no answer. I find this a little odd. I step outside thinking she is with my dogs playing. I see her no where and call to her again. Hmmmm, no answer. I start to head to the back gate to the driveway and call her name again. She answers and comes around the corner of the house. I ask what she is doing and she tells me "I was looking at a leaf". Ok, I swear to God I don't have stupid tattooed on my forehead and yet the child just can't seem to remember that I am not STUPID enough to believe that kind of crap. The she mentions she was talking to a boy. Hmmmm, then she tells me the name. Not THE boy that was stalking her over the summer, no no....this is the one she was french kissing 2 years ago when she was in the 7th grade. She says she was talking to him on her phone. Then has to retract that statement when I ask how long he has been at the house. As I check her cell for phone records (I LOVE THAT I CAN DO THAT), I find she called this boy at 6:30 (I am yelling at her at 7:20) and that his dad called her cell phone at 6:58 to have him call home. Hmmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser. What it boils down to is my daughter is hooking up once again with a boy that I don't want her in a relationship with (go figure, right?). She is inviting him to the house when NO ONE is suppose to be at the house when we aren't home and she is lying about what she is up to (Rather badly I might add).

She is not allowed to set foot off the carpet of her bedroom, until I can come up with some better way to punish her. I know for now that the cell phone will be with me whenever she isn't at school and she will have no phone access for a while. As for the boy....I may confront him one more time like I did two years ago. I swear his heart stopped when I told him I wanted to meet him since he was sticking his tongue in my daughter's mouth. Now it seems I need to find a new way to put the fear of God in him!

2 comments:

Howard said...

God I'm glad both my kids are grown and gone..The system makes it so hard to teach children the right things to do..I wouldn't have your job on a wager..But, anyway good things will happen when kids finally reach the age of responsibility(whenever that is) thanks for the smile you gave me and Happy Blogging>>

Texas Grey said...

Woodenpurse~ She sounds a lot like me too which is why I am so protective LOL.
Her lies are so funny. It is a good thing sometimes how lame they are. She isn't crafty enough for good ones yet.

Howard~ I will be happy when she is grown in many ways. This part of her life is going to wear me out.