Friday, May 27, 2011

Connecting....a human need....

Tonight I was watching the news. (I got "old" in the sense that I am a news addict now.)  The Byron Nelson was mentioned and I realized that it was natural to call ex-hubs when it occurred to me that it wasn't going to rain at the Nelson.  So I called him with this little thought, and of course he knows why....they moved the weekend of the Nelson.

So this got me to thinking about connections.  I call my ex-hubs with a lot of my stupid stuff or text him because I don't have to explain anything for him to get it.  The same thing with my best girlfriend, FunSized, and two of my sisters.  I have spent so much time talking to these people and years with them that they get me, I don't have to explain and they don't question me unless they know I am doing something stupid.  Now these people I mention, these are nothing more than friends, I love them all deeply, but they are friends.  Now I want to find a lover that can get me like these people do, who takes the time to get to know me like that and let me get to know them.

Examples, secret language...with EVERYONE I am close to, there are words or phrases that will get us laughing because there is an inside joke or meaning to it that only ya'll know.  See, I miss that stuff with the man in my life.  I want to be connected, deeply with someone.  I miss that so much.

Peace out my peeps...nurture the relationships that are important to you....if not you may find it fading away when you don't make the time to help it grow.

No comments: