Thursday, December 14, 2006

From my sister to our family

Ok...Last night my sister wrote this blog to our family. I thought it good enough to post here. I will be happy to give the "juicy" details of the story as soon as I have time to organize my thoughts.

Family
Current mood: pissed off

I have got the most screwed up family, if you can call it that. Let me just set up the story so no one will be confused. Two years ago my wonderful saint of a father wrote me a letter that I should just pretend that he was dead and that he would rather vomit than get together with me or my older sister for the holidays. That having to pretend to be a family made him sick. All of this, just because we got too busy with our lives and hadn't called him in a while this is how he thought he could make things better. Then he becomes paranoid telling everyone how my sis and I are going around slandering his name and helping people that are out to get him. But truthfully with some of the things we know about him if we had participated I think he would have had a lot more trouble then he did. We had nothing to do with any of it we just took his advice and turned our back. I mean who wants to have a relationship that is so sweet to talk to his kids this way? Now I have had a new baby this year and suddenly I am the evil one because he's going around telling everyone that he is trying so hard to be a family with us just to turn around and
tell us over the phone that he wants nothing to do with us that this is a better situation for him and that we just need to stay away. But we have family getting on to us that we are the ones not trying to make things right. Why would we. I can think of better places that I would rather be at Christmas then in a room full of people that hate my guts. No thank you. The funny thing is, that he so badly wants to form a relationship with my baby but has nothing to do with my 7 year old. Whats that about? And basically says that he can't have anything to do with him because he can't get along with me. Oh wait!! I've heard this one before I believe that is what he told me for not trying to be more of a father, that it was because he just couldn't stand to talk to his exwife(my mom) so he didn't try. And all my 28 years I have had to eat all the shit he has handed me and pretend to love it's taste just to make people happy. Well fuck that, I'm tired of feeling like shit just to make other people feel good. So, I guess I am selfish. Selfish enough to want to be happy and be around people that really do love me and want me to be a part of their life. Selfish enough to protect my family from having to feel rejection when it's not deserved. You're right I am selfish and I always will be. So leave me alone.

I love my sister with all of my heart. She is one of the MOST important people in my life. I am just as protective of her as she is of me. I know part of this was prompted by my call to my dad last night. I will fill you all in later.

Peace out....

No comments: