Friday, October 20, 2006

Soundtrack of life

I wonder sometimes if everyone has a soundtrack for their life. Music is so important in my world that there always seems to be a song that explains my mood or where I am in my life at any given time. I don't really know how that happened to me, but at some point along the way this soundtrack for my life just started playing in the back of my mind.

Just a few examples....

Last year while we were going through struggles with PITA, I came across a song called "There goes my life". The first time I heard it tears were rolling down my cheeks. It seemed to speak right to the core of my heart about how I feel about PITA. I know that one day she will be moving on with her own life. I just wonder if she knows that she is my life. Every decision I have made over the last 16 years has been effected in some way by her presence.

When hubs and I are having a hard time I always hear "I miss my friend". Hubs is the best husband, but I am the worst wife. I know this even though he will disagree with me at times. What makes things hardest on us is when we stop being friends. That happens so often in relationships.

Another song that describes how things seem to be with hubs right now is "Chasing Cars". {Psst, Hubs, you know why this one touches me, since we have talked about it}

With my MK business...I have posted this before, but two songs seem to play when I think about my business are "Unwritten" and "How bad do you want it". Both explain themselves.

Recently, another song that I couldn't get enough of was "Bring me to Life" (I know, older song, but I came across it while listening to my MP3 player one morning). I could feel my breath catch in my throat at the emotions that song brought to the surface while I listened to it. It still seems to be very powerful for me. It is always nice to feel woken up inside.

Now for today, my songs seem to have a theme..."Give it to you", "Feelin' Love", and "Crash (into me)". I can't imagine what is on my mind LOL. Hubs should understand these songs. I hope that he will use this information to his advantage :-)

Peace out my peeps....may the soundtrack to your lives be happy and up beat.

No comments: