Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saved in the 11th hour

Last night after my stepmom left. I did a yahoo search for the school we were taking PITA too. PITA was the one that gave me the idea in the first place. I found sites about the school and information that showed how great it was. Here are some examples:

School's main website

Teen Values

Then I found some sites about the darker side of this school:

New York Times article: "Spring Creek Lodge Academy, home to thousands of wayward children since 1996, calls itself "a safe haven for change." Many parents swear with near-religious devotion that the program, one of the nation's largest, has saved their sons and daughters. Others have come to curse it."

From the Missoula Independent: articles about the school.

The Spring Creek Lodge Experience

This link is a parent's view of the seminars that the parents and the children have to go through in order for the parents and children to see each other again.

There are dozens of stories about the things going on at this "school". They caught me at a time of helplessness and desperation to help my child any way I could. I was willing to take out a loan for $42k to be paid over 20 years to help her and these people lied to me and told me they could help. They were only going to abuse and tear my child's spirit apart.

No comments: