Sunday, July 30, 2006

Recovering

I am finally starting to feel like myself again. I can't believe what I nearly allowed to happen with my child and I was a little shell shocked to say the least. I told hubs I felt like I had taken a punch to the stomach and someone knocked the air out of me. I have been given wonderful advice to not beat myself up about this, it didn't happen, I didn't take her and she is safe. It is still unreal what could have been.

We will be regrouping within our little family to see what we want to do. I still think that getting PITA to another school and preferably a boarding school would be best. I just need to do some more research to see what I can find. There is a great school in Grandbury, TX that I considered last year and may consider again. It is called Happy Hill Farm and is endorsed by the wonderful Dr. Phil. I don't know if this is something we want to do or not. I searched and tried to find bad press on them and couldn't, if you find anything let me know.

As for other news.....I know I didn't get to tell you all how things went with the Mary Kay Seminar, but please let me gush now with something positive and pink!! I didn't get Queen of Sales or Queen of Recruiting, I was runner up to both positions with me being separated from the Queen of Sales by $13.50. I got a beautiful pair of earrings and a gorgeous necklace that will look good with my director's suit. Hubs also got an award. Usually unit awards are reserved for consultants in the unit, but hubs got the most prestigious award you can get. Mary Kay created an award called the "Go Give" award to be given to a consultant that goes over and beyond to help others. Hubs was given the "Miss Go Give Award" for our unit!! I am so tickled for him. We joke about the "miss" part, but I am very proud of him for receiving this award and NOT being a consultant in our unit. Here are pics of his prizes and my badge with ribbons:

Peace out my peeps....sleep well tonight and I hope your week gets off to a fab start tomorrow!!

No comments: