Thursday, July 06, 2006

Less than 3 weeks

From Mary Kay Seminar!! I am telling you the cult is sucking me in. But it is ok, since it is all pink and warm fuzziness. I love that about it. I went out yesterday and "warm chatted" (for those that don't know...it is going up to a complete stranger to find out if they have ever tried Mary Kay). I am not great at this, YET. I got a name at the mall....great girl at the shoe store that was so helpful....SLAMMING shoes there, I HAVE to make some money so I can go buy a pair or 4 LOL. Anyway....on the way home I asked hubs to stop at this consignment shop so I could see about getting a semi-formal dress (see there are some fun parts to this warm fuzzy pink world!!) for Unit Awards and for the company awards night. I will be wearing the same dress to both events since I can't afford to wear a different one each night (NOT next year though!!!) If I can find the right skirt to go with my blue top from the 8th grade dance I might wear that as part of a semi-formal. Anyway....at this shop, I meet this wonderful lady. She owns the place and we struck up a conversation since I wanted to know how to go about consigning my clothes I shrank out of with my weight loss. Then we got to my Mary Kay....and you will not believe this....She booked with me ON THE SPOT, for a party at her shop and with a guest list of about 50 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I don't even know what to say. I am freaked and beyond excited at the same time. She also said if it goes well she would like to maybe set up 3 or 4 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOT DAMN!! This was great news for me. Maybe now I can use the confidence that gave me to go out and warm chat some people today, get some numbers, book some women and get some $GREEN$.

On a side note.....My bestest bud (that I am not married too, Hubs you are my best friend in the world, you know that) is having surgery this morning. I hope all is going well. If you pray or send out positive energy....would you send some up for David for a successful surgery and a quick recovery?

Peace out my peeps and have a GREAT Thursday!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hey, there! Saw your link on David's page & thought I'd pop over & thank you for walking in the hot sun for me today. :)

You never know...I *might* find my way around the block before the day is over...baby steps & all that. LOL