Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sad news

On Tuesday my hallway hottie wasn't feeling real great. He had been written up for stuff that didn't even need to be put on paper. Head Bitch decided I guess that since she didn't clear out the whole freaking building of teachers that she would work on the ones that didn't leave this year. So my hallway hottie is on her list of ones to get rid of. First let me say this man is the nicest man I have ever met. Even with all of our joking around and playful flirting, you know he is completely devoted to his wife and loves her with all his heart. He didn't do this job for money (but then let's be honest did any of us teachers think we were going to get rich off this job?). He just wanted to make a difference and I think he got into a school that didn't really foster the nurturing kind of man and teacher that he is.

Tuesday night we had report card pick up night. Parent come in and get their child's report card and get to talk to the teachers. We have to stay late and many of us see no point in leaving the school when we have to be there by 5:30. So Mr. Hottie comes down to my room and tells me that someone has told him that his lips were purple or blue and did I think they looked that way. I told him yes and I wanted him to go to the nurse and get his blood pressure checked. It has been really high and HB being on his ass every time he turns around hasn't helped on bit! It was bad enough that the nurse called 911. What she didn't say to him, but pretty much told his wife (who is a nurse), is she believes he had a mild stroke. WTF?!? He is the picture of health. How is it that someone's work environment can wear them down that bad? Can you say lawsuit?

I don't know, just kind of down. He is one of the few people that always has a smile for you no matter how bad his day is going. I hope the tests they ran today don't show anything other than stress induced anxiety or something real mild like that. I like look at the glass half full on this one, but I hope to know something by tomorrow.

Now do some of you understand why I call that place hell? Or at least one of the various levels of hell and I am pretty sure it is one of the deeper, you don't want to go there when you die kinds of levels too!!

Prayers going out to my hallway hottie.

Peace out to the rest of you!

5 comments:

~A4O~ said...

Angels are with and maybe my new post will bring a new mood for the day, take care texas grey....

Anonymous said...

I'll be calling him later to see how things are going. His wife is supposed to give me a call and let me know what's going on...I think I've got his home phone around here somewhere.

Texas Grey said...

Scribe~

I hope that will and I know today is going to be a much better day! I hope yours is great as well.

Texas Grey said...

Mr. Star Wars~

I am hoping Home Ec will be able to give me an update today as well. I am really worried about him.

Sassy Blondie said...

Hey guys, I heard about this unfortunate incident. I pray he is okay. My ex of nearly 7 yrs just passed away on 2/28...I don't know what's going on anymore. I'll pray some more and include HH in my thoughts. He's a wonderful man.

Get yourselves as far away as possible...I heard on good authority that the scuttlebut downtown is that the place is going down, admin and all. Did you see "plastic man" LN come over for another lil chatty chat with HB? This one was a come to Jesus...