Sunday, February 12, 2006

Give me a rule...

...And I will find the way around it.

That is my life. I am all about loopholes and finding the way around the rules. I have always hated the confinements of boundaries and rules. With as big as the world is, why place limits on it? I have never understood that, and that was part of the reason I avoided the church for nearly 3 straight years.

Last weekend hubs and I were having a conversations.....For giggles as usual, but he told me something about not being able to sleep with my neighbor. I told him that God said "Love thy neighbor" to which hubs replied he also warned not to fuck them. I told him that sounded a little messed up and maybe God is bipolar. Well, hubs tried to post that in a comment recently, but I felt the need to use it in this post.

Last night at church, before I went and got my freak on at the club, our pastor just started a series called The Death of Religion. He talked about many of the reasons why people turn away from religion. One of them was all of the rules. And he brought up something call the Nazi dilemma. I had never heard this before, but it seems to once again prove how God is bipolar. The bible says thou shalt not lie and thou shalt not commit murder. So imagine if you will you are someone harboring Jews in your home and the Nazis came to the door demanding to know if you know where any Jews are.....You are stuck in a moral dilemma, because if you lie you break a rule and if you give them up you are aiding in murder. See BIPOLAR!!! But really it boils down to this, you aren't in a moral dilemma because God says to not help evil. Hmmmm, this got me to thinking.....So if I break the rule to help evil then that is bad, but otherwise I am off the hook right? Ok, so I know better, but I am still working on the some of the loopholes.

Another great point last night at church...There is no more dangerous a person, than one who does NOT fear death. And we heard a story about a man who was going to be robbed and was threatened with a knife. He told the robber he couldn't be threatened with heaven.

We talked about the jolly roger as well....Great little symbol, hubs kind of snipped at me because I spoke of what the red flag really meant before the pastor could. Red flag, no mercy. Anyway, I liked know how the jolly roger was used in psychological warfare. I love learning about that stuff.

Anyway....what all of the rambling boils down to is that I think God is bipolar and I am rules lawyering (thank you David) to find the loopholes in all of the rules (God's and everyone else's).

No comments: