Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy 15th Birthday Princess PITA


It is hard to believe but Princess PITA has lived (although barely sometimes) to make it to her 15th birthday. As I sit here tonight thinking back on the events of late at night January 19, 1991, parts of my heart break. No one ever knew I was pregnant, but the lizard from under the rock. I remember not feeling well at all on the 19th, but not sure what my problem was. My nana (I miss her so much) even commented on how cranky I was and got into an argument with me about how I was going to give her great-grandchildren (to which I basically told her no way in hell). Around 11:30 at night with me in full pain, I finally woke someone up at my nana's home. I just happen to be staying with her in Mesquite instead of with my mom in the middle of no where close to Blue Ridge. It took me forever to get anyone to listen to me. I was told over and over again that I had to explain why I had to go to the hospital or they weren't going to take me. I remember being so frustrated and crushed at having to tell my nana that I was pregnant and in labor. She rushed me to the hospital and at 1:20am on January 20th Princess PITA entered this world. All 19 inches, 6 pounds and 12 ounces of her. I think I counted her fingers and toes a hundred times over the next couple of days. I remember nana telling me later that when she said she wanted great-grandchildren she didn't mean that night LOL

I also get to this day with happy memories, pain over missing my nana, and wondering what happened to another little girl who entered the world that night I remember reading in the paper the next morning about a baby girl who had been found alive behind a dumpster during the night. I can't help but wonder every January 20th where that little girl is today and if she is happy. I hope she found a home, I hope some family loves her. I always felt that she was probably the daughter of another scared teenager that didn't know what else to do. I send birthday wishes to her where ever she is and even though she doesn't know it, someone is thinking of her every January 20th and hoping she is safe and happy.

No comments: