Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bad teachers

How is it that bad teachers get praise and are showered upon when they make a student feel like this? This is an e-mail I received today from a student I taught last year. He pretty much lives in my classroom when he isn't in his 8th grade classes. I love him to death, but he can wear you out sometimes. Right after the incident he mentions, I saw him in the hall after first period and he said he needed to talk to me later....Me, being the one who will drop everything for someone in need (my counselor says I need to work on this....Thanks Hi LOL), I talk to him a bit in the hall. He is crying and shaken and very upset because he felt ridiculed in front of the whole class. So tonight this was the e-mail he sent me (by the way, the names have been changed to protect the innocent LMAO):

"I'M going to tell Ms. Brains " I'm not going to let what you said effect me because yesterday i left here crying. but i want you to know that i never want you to spoon feed me anything ever again and just because my mind went blank i went and asked you a question you blew up in my face so never again i will never ask you a question ever again because i have Mrs.Texasgrey Mr.StarWars and coach Grimace to help me with anything i need and they don't make me feel stupid every day because everyday i leave your class with no information so i think we should not talk to each other a lot or if we can not at all."

Just pisses me off that I get chewed for making women feel good about themselves and a teacher can make a kid want to curl up in a corner and not come out for days and told how f-ing great she is. And she can't even get to work on TIME!!!! By the way, one of us really should talk to Z's English teacher about his writing LOL

No comments: