Thursday, January 12, 2006

Focus on Me

Hubby says I take over a room when I go into it. I never knew this was a bad thing and I am spoiled brat that loves to be the center of attention, however he made it sound like it was a bad thing.

Well I thought about it a little. I am the center of attention for 8 hours a day 5 days a week (well for the most part I am). I have little people (ok, not so little and not always people) hanging on my every word as I teach them the great, wonderful information from Texas's past. (I know, who am I kidding?) But the reality of it, is the fact that I am the center of attention most of the time, I am the department head and responsible for running those meetings and my history teachers hang on my every word too. (Don't cha?? LOL) So why does hubs make it seem like a bad thing that I come into rooms and control what is going on around me and pull the attention to me? *sigh*

Well at the MK meeting on Monday he said I did this*.I don't think so, but I did have information to add that was important and questions I needed to ask. But I guess I talked too much.

Then at the WWs meeting, I was told I contributed too much there as well. I guess helping out the new people who decided this was their resolution for 2006 is not a good thing.

I told hubs I would just keep my mouth shut, but then I forgot again and as always the rest of this week I have maintained the idea: "It's all about me". And really it is*..I know it is a bad thing and I know a lot of people think it is rude when you are one of those people that thinks the world revolves around them, but it does revolve around me*..DEAL WITH IT :-)

Peace out

No comments: