Wednesday, December 28, 2005

This one time at band camp....

On Monday hubby and I got a wonderful deal. We were given the chance to promote the new American Pie movie Band Camp at one of the area malls here in Texas. It was a good gig, we were paid to stand around, drum up a crowd, monitor four pie eating contests, four bandie contests (two people had to play three instruments and the crowd decided to who was the best) and give out DVDs for free all day. It was a blast.

The best part for me was meeting one of the guys who starred in the movie, Matt Barr. He is adorable and I hope Hollywood doesn't change him. He is a local, from Allen, Texas and told us his agent in LA called him and told him what we were up to and he came out. He wasn't paid for the appearance or anything, but it was awesome. I got pics taken with him and I got my poster and my DVD signed. His dad was sweet enough to send me the pics last night when they got home. How great is that?!? I can't wait to share them with the staff at school on Monday. I think I had one hell of a Christmas break :-) {Forgot to mention....This movie is FUNNY!!! It is in true American Pie tradition, so if you know the series you will want to see this and Matt says the Unrated version has all of the really good stuff in the extras, I need to get that one just to see what he is talking about LOL}

We also had 97.9 the Beat out there during the event....And here is what Wild Card told me, I can't be just a "G" any more, I need to be an "OG" and I am to tell that to my students from now on. For those of you that need to ask.....Go ahead and I will explain LOL. :-) Anyway....These guys did a WONDERFUL job at getting the crowd goings :-)!! Thank you to the Beat for being out there and helping us out.

I got to bring home a few sets of DVDs that we have left and gave a few to friends and family. I have one set I am waiting to send off to someone serving for us over seas. I hope to get the info soon so I can ship it off.

So.....Does any bandie/band geek out there have any good "One time at band camp" stories?? I wasn't a bandie myself. I was in the drill team, but some of my best buds were bandies and they were wonderful. Lots of love to the band geeks out there.......

Ok, it is nearly 2am and I think I need a break from the Mary Kay mess and maybe even a little sleep.....Peace out my peeps *snicker*

No comments: