Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkey Day

Well I made it through Thanksgiving alive. That is saying a lot :-) I hosted a misfits Thanksgiving dinner at my house for the outcasts of the family. My dad's ex-wife who has no one here in Texas to celebrate with, all of my sisters who my dad has decided to disown all of us and my little family. There would have been a couple more, but some people are really smart and get the hell out of dodge for the holidays.

I made my first turkey ever! I am so proud of my bird. (David thank you for the recipe!!!) I didn't know you were suppose to put a turkey in a brine, but I have to say that I made the best tasting turkey I think my family has ever had. Most years it is dry and hard to get down but this one was moist and yummy!!

Look at my beautiful bird:



The night was wonderful. We visited and drank a couple of bottles of wine (I limited myself to one glass). When all was said and done, I think it was a success and I am happy I have these people to celebrate with.

On a more frustrating note:
Princess PITA told me she spoke with my father yesterday on the phone (she was at my stepmom's house) and he barely said two words to her. He called to speak to my sisters to find out what they wanted to Christmas. I guess he was a bit of a jerk (what's new?) and had my 16 year old sis in tears. I think on one hand I am happy to have broken ties with him, just wish I could quiet the nagging voice inside that misses the idea of family that I had for so many years.

3 comments:

David M said...

You know when you mentioned that you were going to show us your beautiful bird, I was almost expecting something a la Half Nekkid Thursday! LOL

I'm so glad it worked out for you.

Texas Grey said...

LMAO
HMMMM, I may have to participate in HNT one of these days ;-)

David M said...

*Smile*