Saturday, September 10, 2005

What a week

I believe some weeks it would have been better if I had just stayed in bed and hidden away from the world. This week was one of those.

Between me family and my husband's family we each lost a grandparent in three days. We weren't very close to either grandparent but I was a little shell shocked with back to back deaths. We went to his grandmother's funeral and all was well. I think my husband needed to be there.

Friday when I get back to school I find that my afternoon classes where hell on my sub. I was lucky enough to meet her, but she scared the hell out of me, I thought she was Broom Hilda, the little witch. I stayed late after school (NEVER do I stay late on a Friday) to rearrange my room and get something in order for my classes.

I get a call from my husband to let me know my father has sent me a letter, but that he wanted to wait until I get home for me to read it myself. I know this can't be good news since I haven't talked to the man since January.

On my way home, I call my sister while sitting at a red light, no answer so I hang up and toss the phone in my purse. Light turns green, I am quick off the mark as always, as I am entering the intersection I hear screeching tires and look to my left to see a piece of shit car screeching into the side of my van. PERFECT! I get out of the car cussing and pissed, the woman gets out of her car and says to me "I had a green light", I look up at my light that is turning yellow, "My light is turning yellow, are you kidding me?" She didn't say another word to me. Luckily there were two cops that were on a call about 5 houses up the road that saw it and immediately pulled up for the accident and help out. They both told me there were plenty of witnesses (I got names and numbers) that saw her run a red light. My self and my daughter are fine, we were just shaken by the impact and my hip is sore from making friends with armrest on the door.

I get home finally and read the letter from my father to let me know he is done with me and my sister and that getting together for the holidays would make him want to vomit. He signed it my deceased father, so at least I hit the trifecta for deaths. Hell everyone knows death travels in threes. I did appreciate the letter from the far beyond from him, it was just the thing I needed to sum up my wonderful week.

I think this weekend I will hide out at home and not play with anything electrical.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she was broom hilda!! All I have to say is smell your chair!! I didnt know that when you said you wouldnt "be there" on Thursday for my detentions, I didnt know you meant really gone. Im sorry you had such a horrible week. I know it was hard on you. If it makes you feel any better, I really missed you on thursday!! And then Friday too while I was at training!

Texas Grey said...

I didn't get a chance to smell my chair. My partner across the hall sprayed it down with Lysol. The sub popped in on me during 3rd and scared me to death.

I will see you in the morning. I have to give you the new seating arrangment for my room.