Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Time

Time is a very funny thing. It moves so slowly when we need it to go by quickly and there is never enough of it to do the things we enjoy. I have been thinking about time a lot lately. Everything I do now has to be checked against a calendar. I was asked today if I had anything to do tomorrow afternoon and the sad thing was I couldn't answer because my calendar wasn't in front of me. I am not quite sure when my life spun so far out of control that I don't have any more time for the things I love and enjoy doing, or time for my dear friends, or time with my greys, or time with my daughter (who is still a P.I.T.A.), or time with my darling husband.

It is nearly midnight on a school night, everyone is sound asleep and my brain is running. I am thinking of the thousand or so things I need to get done tomorrow, and know deep inside there aren't enough hours in the day to get them all done. I realize so often that after I have left school I forgot something important that I should have handled before leaving school and going to a meeting.

My to do list for tomorrow:
1. Make time for the people who are important to me.
2. Make someone's day tomorrow who may just need that little boost.
3. Hug my dogs.
4. Tell Princess PITA (that will be my darling daughter's name from now on) that I think she is wonderful.
5. Kiss my husband and tell him how great he is.

All the other 1000 plus things will get done when they get done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to remind LG how much I love him too. They are so important!!

Texas Grey said...

Yes they are :-)