Thursday, December 07, 2006

It was a Happy Birthday to me

Hubs did a great job. He got my family together for my birthday to have dinner with us Tuesday night. I got lots of cool stuff and hubs was a sweetheart and got the Bluetooth head set that I wanted so much.

Now as far as the day itself....I think the universe was against me. Every little thing that could go wrong, did go wrong. Nothing too serious, just lots of little things. All day long I just smiled and didn't let it get to me. It was one day out of many. Who cares that Chick-fil-a doesn't open until 6:30 and I am not getting a chicken biscuit on my birthday (one of only like 3-5 days out of the year that I get to have one). Who cares that I got to school early to make copies and the RISO broke on me. Who cares that my neighbor (who is a great friend) too the entire day to call and say Happy Birthday. Who cares that my brother thought my birthday is next month and forgot me. Who cares that my stepmom (the only person I really see as my mom) had to cancel and didn't celebrate with me for the first time in 16 years. Who cares that hubs didn't wrap my fabulous present. Who cares that people close to me just forgot.....Seriously, who cares?? That is the attitude I kept the whole day.

The straw the broke the camel's back was not getting another piece of my cake because it didn't make it out of the neighbor's house and back to me. *sigh*

The funny part was, I don't think it was the cake. I think it was the fact that I didn't talk to my dad who's birthday was Monday. It was the 2nd year in a row that we haven't spoken on our birthdays. It was one of the bonds I had with my dad that no one could take away. It hurts so much to not speak to him. I am so thankful to hubs for understanding and not minimizing my feelings on this. He is the only person I know that doesn't tell me: "It will get easier with time", "He is such an ass, he doesn't deserve you feeling sad about this", and on and on. I know people mean well...but hubs is the only person who really knows how much this kills me.

Peace out my peeps...I hope everyone is having a great day!!

No comments: