Friday, October 06, 2006

Justice

Another monster is found guilty! Some days my faith is restored and today is one of those days.

A year and a half ago there was a murder of an 11 year old girl. She was raped, strangled and shoved under a trailer. This week the monster who committed this crime finally went on trial. The jury returned a guilty verdict about an hour ago. This case is like many others out there in the world where a child falls victim to a monster, but the difference with this monster...he is the father of one of my former students.

I still feel a pit in my stomach and my heart hurts when I think about his daughter. She is beautiful, bright and has a wonderful sense of humor. I feel like I failed her 2 years ago. She had all of the classic signs of abuse that I should have seen and understood. The monster had been abusing her for a long time. She was suppose to be there the night he committed this horrible crime and I can't help but think she would have been the victim if she had been there.

I am sending out strong vibes for this jury to send back the death penalty on this monster. Information put out in the trial only makes me further want his death when I read that this little girl would have died from her injuries sustained in the rape. The bastard hurt her that badly. My brain just doesn't understand it. I just hope this jury uses this as an opportunity to rid the world of one more bad seed.

Peace out my peeps....I hope your Friday is going great!

No comments: