Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I think I can

So two more days with students and it is getting harder on me by the day. I got the sweetest e-mail from a parent:

Just a wanted to give you a special "THANKS" for being so good with ____ this year. She only has gone to that school for 2+ months and "what an experience!! Oh well, hopefully she will not be there next year. It has been a little more than I care to deal with. Talking to the G Police, the TOLERANCE level at that school is way to high, and way to HIGH for me.
I totally appreciate you giving _____ a "safe" haven to go to a few mornings a week.

Then this student came to my class today for her exam. Bless her heart, she was doomed to be in the class with all of Satan's children. I am telling you once again, brothers and sisters, even if they ONLY share the same dad (ie Satan) should not be allowed in the same class together. Anyway, she brought me a gift.....wonderful smelling candle and Calgon (Take me away LOL) lotion and body spray. It was so sweet. The email was enough to let me know I was doing something right.

Thursday is going to kill me. I have done so well. I haven't really thought about my 8th graders moving on, but it is starting to hit me. Many of the kids are seeking me out on myspace. I never would have gotten on that thing it it hadn't been for my neighbor. It is a neat way to stay in touch with them and see how they are doing. Now if I can train them to use my FIRST name!!!

Peace out my peeps.....sleep well.

No comments: