Friday, January 27, 2006

Looking again

For those that read and know some of my crazier plights, one of them is the fact that I would LOVE to have a gay man in my life (I swear, NO stereotyping!!!!) I wanted one for Christmas, but Santa didn't leave him under the tree. So once again I travel out to Craigslist and try again to see what I might be able to dig up.

Here is the post:
31 year old female seeking gay male friend for conversation, movies, shopping and the occasional bar stop. Why? I love hetero men, but let's face it, eventually you are going to be looking for something a little more than a "friend", and I don't want that kind of confusion and mess in my life.
I am slightly high maintenance (although my husband and maybe even some good male friends will say more so), but I know how to have fun and can be a lot of fun to be around. I have found that I enjoy going out to bars occasionally (tried it some recently, didn't do it much in college because I had a daughter and she came first before partying). I am even gaining confidence to get on the dance floor and enjoy myself. I also want a movie partner. I love going, but hubby isn't big on it and my sister (my best friend in the world) has a busy life and can't always go with me. I don't know about you, but I don't like going to the movies alone and I like having someone to talk about the movie with later.
I consider myself to be fun loving, caring, a great listener (but want the same thing back). I am someone who is ready to have a good time and stop being JUST a mom, teacher and wife.

So I got a response today:
When you say you're high maintenance, what does that mean to a potential friendship? Thanks.

I guess that sounded really bad to say I was high maintenance, but I really am. I only feel it is right to let someone know that in advance. But then when he asked what that meant to a friendship I wasn't really sure how to respond. I explained what I meant by high maitenance with my materialistic side, but hubs says I also am emotionally.....Soo I will be asking a good friend just that, if I am high maitenance emotionally too and what does that mean exactly since hubs couldn't really explain. I think this friend can be brutally honest with me without hurting me, and I value his opinion. Everything is about self growth right??

I will keep you update on my messages, if I get any more responses.

No comments: