Saturday, January 07, 2006

Getting my YEAR IN GEAR

I went to a Mary Kay thing last night. It wasn't anything like I thought, and hubs says he can now see why some people call MK a cult. LOL. I think that had to do more with the getting everyone fired back up and the energy in the room built back up. It was 11:30 at night, many of us had started our days at five am because we had another J-O-B, many people were seriously wearing down.
Anyway, there was a new party debuted last night that I think is AWESOME!!! And it is more of a show than a facial which is better for me personally. I still don't love the one on one facials, but will get better at it and some of the women that attend a show will go ahead and either sign up for a show that will be "All about them", as this party is themed, or set up a facial with me so they can try more things. Anyway.....
We ended the night with one last thing. The lady talking to us was Robyn Blackmon-Dunda. Her mom is an NSD (National Sales Director for MK) and there was another NSD there (I really wish I could remember her name, she had been doing this for 39 years, "Hubs, just told me it was Jenna Cox"). I mean ladies were having these two women sign the boards they broke (more on that in a sec). They were treated like celebrities. It was very cool.
Anyway....I made a goal last night: To replace my teaching salary and quit teaching in 2006. Well they made me add a month (really Hubby and I were looking at doing this is 18 months), but I chose December. So I wrote all of this down on a board that was about 9x12 and 3/4 inch thick. As did many of the women in the room wrote their goals on boards. I added a "C" on there for my director because she is going for the caddy and I am part of the team that helps her achieve that, so her goal is also my goal.
I stepped up to the plate and I made my first attempt with my coach there coaching me on and my hubby and my unit there cheering......My hand glanced off the board. :-( The second time my coach psyched me up even more, she said this goal was MINE and I wanted it and I should be saying MINE.....I went after it, MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE.....And through the board my hand went. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt so empowered!

Here are the pics of my board:


No comments: