Saturday, December 31, 2005

Year in review

It has been a wild year for me.
  • Hubby left the school we taught at together (damn principal assholes) and has found a place that he is happy with.
  • I was made department head and have a great team that I hope never to lose as friends even when we all scatter at the end of the year to new schools
  • I lost my second parent (of his choosing). Which by the way....I did confront him shortly before Christmas and have learned that I am the one leading all of my sisters astray. I have also been told that he knows it was me that said "Fuck Dad" when he wrote the awful letter to us about how we should consider him dead and spending the holidays with us would make him vomit and we didn't respond (not responding was my fault). Oh well. It is kind of cool knowing I am the root of all evil :-)
  • I gained another dog.....My sweet Wink. Hubby says NO MORE and I think he is right, two cats, two greys and the soon to be 15 year old Princess PITA is enough in one house.
  • I started my own Mary Kay business at the end of this year. We will see if it helps or hurts us on taxes. Tomorrow I have to take an inventory of everything I have and I have to write down the mileage on my Explorer before we use it for any trips for MK. I am told this is a great tax write off, we will see.
  • I have gotten to know my neighbors even better this year. Wow, who would have thought that you could share some of the information like we have with one another over this year. Between their nasty break up and shaky make up, to them being back together it has been a roller coaster. I love them both. Besides the piercing I saw last night was pretty cool. Thinking of getting one of those myself........Maybe.
  • I got a tattoo.
  • I finally got my hot pink highlights (and right now they are REALLY pink!!!)
  • I started weight watchers and have dropped 62 pounds.
  • For all the negative this year (and I knew when I turned 30 it was going to blow) I think 2005 has been pretty good to me.

Resolutions
  • I will stay the course with WWs and keep seeing success on the scale
  • I will not let family mess get me down too much. (I hope)
  • I will try to keep in touch with my cousins more (we reconnected again over Christmas and I now have all of their cell numbers).
  • I will continue Sunday morning breakfasts with my sister because she is the best in the world and I love her so much
  • I will get another tattoo, just not sure where, before the end of 2006 (I hope, I hope, I hope)

No comments: