Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Opposites Attract

It is coming up on seven years since hubby and I walked down the aisle into what I have been promised is wedded bliss. This weekend I was once again reminded about how he and I are complete opposites.

Flash back a little over seven years ago~
Hubby and I are in the high stress time of planning a wedding that seemed to be for everyone else but us. One night while I was taking a break from all things wedding related and watching a hockey game (gotta love a sport that gives only a time out for beating the hell out of someone) and they advertised upcoming games. SCORE....There was a game on my wedding night. After a long battle with hubby (he thought going to a hockey game on our wedding night was wrong??), I won and bought the tickets. I didn't see what the big deal was anyway, we had been together since 1992 and I was pretty sure nothing would drastically change because I had a ring on my finger. We went to the game in our wedding attire. Nearly every guy we passed (except the loser San Jose fans in the elevator....ballsy fellow, told me he hated that my team was going to lose on my wedding night, me in my wedding gown says that I am sorry a few of his players will be knocked out that night) ANYWAY~ all the guys wanted to know how hubby talked me in to going to a hockey game on my wedding night, bless his heart he had to tell them all that it was my idea and was told over and over how lucky he was. Right, he didn't even want to be there LOL.

Flash forward to today~

So anniversary is coming up on October 24th and we have been through a lot in 13 years together and 7 years married. He is still my rock and my complete opposite. Back in April (it might have been May) a concert was announced that I knew hubby would LOVE to go see and interestingly enough the concert was in October. Neil Diamond. Ok, I don't know why he loves him, but hubby does, so being the sneaky little thing I am, I bought tickets to the concert and nice parking pass for the October 15th show. I am so proud of this gift because I know it is something he is going to love. My gift (I LOVE IT and like my wedding night NOT girlie) is a little different. I got boxing gloves a week ago and last night I got the bag to go with it. It is coolest thing ever!!! Hubby mentioned to me last night on the ride home from weigh in that we are a screwed up couple, he gets the girlie gifts and I get the guy gifts. Must be why we really do work so well together, we just compliment each other :-)

Now I only need to figure out how to convince him I need a gun.

3 comments:

David M said...

But you really do need a gun! LOL

One day hubby will see the light...when that happens then you can talk to my wife and convince her that I need another one.

Texas Grey said...

another one?? Hell I am just trying to get my first one!! LOL

David M said...

LOL

Truth be told...haven't had a gun in the house for years. Wife can tell I'm getting tht itch again as she has been talking a lot about not letting our oldest go to anyone's house if we don't know if they own guns or not.