Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Keep my mouth shut

I don't know why I have a problem with that. I can't seem to sit quietly and not speak up when I know an easier or better way to do something and everytime I do it I get volunteered for more work.

Today I had a meeting with my district coordinator to go over the information I will share with my history team in my building next week. While going over the online curriculum planner and learning that we will have to use this planner to do our lesson plans I find a couple of problems.

1. Instead of using the pdf files that were given to use with the curriculum adoption a couple of years ago, our coordinator scanned every worksheet in the set. This causes the files to load extremely slow. So I mention to my coordinator about the cd-rom with all the pdf's of the worksheets. I then get asked if I would like to come in and load all of those onto the server and get them ready to link to the curriculum planner to make them easier to load. I will be paid for my time of course.

2. While playing with the planner, I found little short cuts and easier ways to do things. I am sharing this information with the teachers near me. Then one of the teachers mentions what I am doing to the coordinator and she puts me up in front of the group (by the way I hate talking in front of my peers) to show everyone the little short cuts and tricks that I am doing.

This was just the stuff I got myself into at this meeting by not just keeping quiet and going on about my merry way. I just have a hard time watching people struggle with things that can be so easy. It must be the teacher in me that forces me to not sit back and watch them struggle to get a concept down. I just wish I was paid for all the advice and help I provide all of the new and veteran teachers that help their jobs to be easier.

No comments: